Pages

Friday, December 01, 2006

Reid to change U.S. energy plan

One does hope, doesn't one? I bet that everyone that has come to believe in the reality of limited oil production saw the Democrats embrace energy independence in the run up to the elections last month and harbored a little bit of wishful thinking. I did. But I must admit I tempered it with a pretty fair amount of skepticism. Now the elections have passed, however, and here is a Democratic leader proclaiming an intent to pursue energy independence in January when the Democrats take control of the Congress. I even saw mention of the dreaded conservation gambit. I am, of course, still hesitant to believe. There are still a pair of scissors available to this sitting President and his nerves are hardwired into the inner workings of the oil industry. After all of this time of being convinced the U.S. would never face up to its irrational dependence on oil in the face of diminishing ability to produce it, though, I am finally daring to hope.
[UPI Link: Reid to change U.S. energy plan]

No comments: