Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2007

GAO Report on Oil Supply

[Link = GAO Report(pdf)]

This is a link to the recently released report from the United States Government Accountability Office titled "CRUDE OIL - Uncertainty about Future Oil Supply Makes It Important to Develop a Strategy for Addressing a Peak and Decline in Oil Production." I have not read through it yet and there is a lot of commentary out there to sort through so I will not add my comments at this time. After I have absorbed all of the discussion, I will post my thoughts. I will say one thing. This appears to be a real escalation of visibility for the peak oil problem in the United States. As the report states, the United States must be concerned because the United States is the most vulnerable to oil disruptions.

No comments: